Learn how to repair the most popular brands of exercise equipment, inlcuding Nordic Track, Pro Form, Weslo, Weider, Epic, Healthrider, Gold’s Gym, Free Motion, ICON, Reebok, Body Fit, IMAGE, iFit.com, Sears.Have a technical question? email us at treadmillparts@gmail.com Watch for our NEW feature coming in 2009 our online VIDEO REPAIR MANUAL. We will feature "how to" video's for FREE on the repair and maintenance of treadmills and other exercise equipment.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

How Do You Recalibrate a Nordic Track Treadmill?

Tech Tip; Please make sure you recalibrate your treadmill after installing ANY controller, motor or console. You can NOT over calibrate your treadmill. You want to make sure you adjust your pedometer for the correct operating speed and incline adjustment. Don't know how to calibrate? It's in your owner’s manual. Or read it here. Plug in your treadmill, do not stand on the walking belt. Hold down the "Stop" and "Speed +" key and insert the safety key or magnet, let go of the two keys. Now press "Stop" key once. This puts you into the level 2 of calibration. Press the "Speed +" key slowly until you see 85 on the console, (at this point the display is going to show the percentage of motor usage and also the actual walking belt speed) at 85% motor usage your top speed should be between 10 and 10.5 MPH or (of 12 and 12.5) depending on the treadmill. You must know your treadmills top speed. (Important the motor may be damaged if you set the maximum speed higher than the maximum speed that your treadmill is made for). If the speed is higher than 10.5 or 12.5 then you need to turn the potentiometer down to the correct level. If the speed it to low you need to turn the potentiometer higher. Once the speed is correct you are done calibrating the speed. Press the (-) speed key to lower the percentage to (0). Next press the incline (+) button, this will make the incline motor go all the way to the maximum incline and come all the way down to the level position. Then remove the safety key and the treadmill will reset into the normal manual mode, when you re-insert the safety key.

19 comments:

Jason said...

Thanks for the info, but I'm not clear on how you turn down the max spd pot. Where do you turn the potentiometer up or down? Thanks in advance for the information

Anonymous said...

On the controller is a small phillip head screw that can be blue, yellow or white. That is the pedometer.

Anonymous said...

This was helpful but my motor only started to run when it got to 50% and the speed only went up to 5.4 then it went down again to zero. it started beeping and I pressed the minus button to zero and the beeping stopped. My motor runs in normal mode but only for a couple seconds then it shuts off. I replaced the controller but it still is doing the same thing. Can you help?

Carl said...

does anyone have or know the diagnostic lights on the circuit board for a NT EXP 1000 Thank you very much. u4shop@aol.com

Carl

Anonymous said...

Perfect . . . great job with explanation. . . worked like a charm

Anonymous said...

Alright everything went as said and I was able to adjust it down from 17 to 13 but it will not go down to 10 or 10.5. If I turn it further than 13 the treadmill stops completely.

Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem. I chaged the controller board and now at 85 the speed is about 11.5 I can't get the controller down to 10. I had the motor checked it's ok. I even had them send me another controller board and the same thing (can't get it to ajust low enough). What do I check next?

Anonymous said...

Wife complained the speed wasn't right. So after searching the net for the answers, I began calibrating and adjustion the POT with no luck. Then I began to notice a pattern with the readout. The Units had been set to Kilometers. Changed back to MPH, recalibrated and wala.

Anonymous said...

I have a NordicTrack C2150. When you get on the rotating belt to start walking the belt will stop or hesitate. How can this be repaired?

manny said...

I don't where you are, but I'm the Charleston, SC area and need a Treadmill to be repaid. I cannot find anyone does anyone know who might work on a treadmill in this area. Thanks..

Anonymous said...

Very helpful. Thank you!

Treadmills for home said...

Thanks for the share!

Henry said...

I followed this calibration instructions but my incline only went as high as 7.0%. Can I adjust this setting?

Anonymous said...

I think one of the key things to note when calibrating your machine is to have the tredmill in MPH not Metric. If you have it in metric when turning the speed button you will never get it down to the correct speed it will stay at like 13. Change it to english by holding the stop button while pushing in the key, then use the speed button to select "E"

And to answer the question about where is the speed calibrator it is on the main circut board next to your motor, usually orange, and is the only thing on the circuit board that can be turned. Make very small adjustments, a 1/4 turn at a time untill you reach the correct speed.

Anonymous said...

How do you calibrate the mileage you traveled

Anonymous said...

When I turn the pot sparks shot out of the back of the motor and smoked like it was burning. Still runs but when I step on the belt it stops. At 85% speed is approx. 14.5mph

Néstor Martínez said...

Hello, I have an A2050 with this symptom (looking in the web I found someone else with this problem) "Most of the console buttons aren't working. #1 speed button works. #7 speed button works. The "lower speed" button works. The rest of the
buttons don’t work."

Anonymous said...

I have the 1000 and it worked normal, until my wife decided to spray the panel with windex and after she cleaned it, it powers up normally, but the keypad is not reacting to any key being pressed. Tried the calibration mode, nothing! The unit was running well just before the cleaning! Coincidence? or is it stuck in some cal mode?

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add, it senses that I place my hands on the sensors, because it starts counting calories? but I am unable to switch it from manual.

Thanks for any advice you may have!
My wife feels so bad, while I am trying to convince her there is no way the liquid could have gotten inside the control panel.

BTW: does this unit sense temperature? We moved it to the porch, which is colder than room temperature?

mark